Santa Rosa Junior College's Strategic Plan Goal E establishes a culture of sustainability that promotes environmental stewardship, economic vitality, and social equity throughout all district sites.
- Promote sustainability broadly across all areas of campus operations, student life, academics, and civic and community engagement
- Create professional development opportunities related to sustainability for faculty and staff
- Supporting student sustainability groups, clubs, and initiatives
- Oversee and promote environmental education at SRJC, including supporting the development of environmental courses and majors, administering the Global/Environment AS requirement, facilitating the Environmental Forum course, awarding Foundation scholarships, and assisting faculty across all disciplines to incorporate sustainability issues into their curricula
Spotlight: Sustainable Transportation
Carpool Parking Permit
- Before you purchase a parking pass for Spring 2020, consider buying a carpool permit for $30 to access 30 reserved parking spaces in Santa Rosa – 10 each in Bech, Emeritus, and Zumwalt lots. More information about carpool permits is available HERE.
Discounted SMART Semester Passes for Students
A limited number of discounted student SMART passes (Eco-Passes) will be available for Spring and Summer 2020 terms on a first come, first served basis.
- The release date of 2020 passes has yet to be determined.
- Eco-Passes are non-transferable; they cannot be sold or duplicated. If someone other than you is found using your Eco-Pass on a SMART line, that person will be subject to a fine.
- Students must tag their Eco-Passes on the SMART platform's Clipper reader each time they enter and exit a train.
- At its discretion, SMART may replace damaged, lost, or stolen Eco-Passes.